First Baptist Church
New Albany, Indiana
Large format photography & Music Sound Samples, High Speed Internet recommended.
paid by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation. It replaced an 1871 Pilcher
tracker. First Baptist Church was originally Third Presbyterian Church.
The organ was tubular pneumatic originally but was changed to
electro-pneumatic when it was rebuilt by Eugene Ward in 1974. Eugene is a
former priest from St. Meinrad, who built the organ which preceded the
current Goulding & Wood organ at St. Meinrad.
The rebuilding included the addition of the Trumpet on the Swell and making
other ranks available at various pitches. A combination action was also
added, but it is permanently wired and not changeable.
16′ Sub Bass
Great to Pedal 8′
Swell to Pedal 8′
2 2/3′ Nazard
1 3/5′ Tierce
Swell to Swell 16′
Swell to Swell 4′
4′ Hohl Flute
2′ Block Flute
Swell to Great 16′
Swell to Great 8′
Swell to Great 4′
Great to Great 4′
Click the play button (right facing arrow) to listen after the file begins to download.
Adjust volume as necessary
Berceuse – Louis Vierne
performed at First Baptist Church by
March 16, 2006
Holy Holy Holy – Jane Hagmann, Organist for 50 years at First Baptist, New Albany
Chorale Prelude on “O Sacred Head”
Praise to the Lord, the Almighty – Theresa Bauer, Organist